If you’re stuck at home or feeling isolated, online counselling can help you to feel connected and understood.
Maybe you have anxieties or vulnerability with Covid 19 or you’re working from home and feel isolated and lost in your own head.
Having a consistent safe space where you can talk openly about what’s going on for you can help you feel less lost or alone and provide you with someone compassionate to bounce your thoughts and feelings off.
If you’re feeling :
- unable to have or maintain the kind of relationship you want
- constantly anxious and exhausted
- caught up in who you should be or what you should have
- whatever you do is just never good enough for you or others
- worried that you are somehow broken or different to others
If any of this sounds familiar, I can help you to understand what is happening for you in a confidential space without fear of judgement.
You don’t have to be in a crisis to seek support. Sometimes in life we just get stuck in a tough place and don’t understand why or what’s going on.
My role is try and understand what it feels like to be in your shoes. To understand how the world and your relationships feel to you.
I can then help you to better understand yourself so you can find your own solutions to actively change things for the better.
With over 10 years of experience in helping people to work through life’s varied problems and patterns, I can help you to get unstuck and become more compassionate to yourself.
Some of the benefits of Counselling include:
- Feeling heard and understood without judgement.
- Develop a greater understanding of what’s going on for you and why.
- Being more at ease with yourself without having to put on an act.
- Communicating openly and honestly in relationships without fear of arguments.
- Letting go of shameful feelings about yourself or past events
How does Online or Telephone Therapy work?
It’s very simple to communicate online with your therapist. You can use a laptop, tablet or smartphone wherever you are and your counsellor will speak to you via an easy-to-use, secure service, such as skype or doxy.me.
Your session will still be arranged in advance at a time to suit you and you can decide whether you’d like your therapist to see you via a video call or just talk instead.
All you need is your device, a stable internet connection (able to watch Netflix for example) and a private space where you feel able to talk openly. Its crucial that you feel able to talk without fear that a partner, family member or house mate might walk in.
Why choose Online or Telephone therapy?
- You can have therapy anywhere that is comfortable, private and convenient for you
- You can have your home comforts, a familiar space, a hot drink, your pet by your side or a blanket for example
- There is no need for you to travel to an office with the inconvenience and cost that would involve
- You may find that you are more comfortable talking online without being in someone else’s space
- There is more flexibility in session times
- You are already at home once leaving the call, and don’t have to package away your thoughts or feelings for the journey home
- You might feel socially anxious and online therapy allows you get support without going somewhere unfamiliar
When might Online Therapy not be the right choice for you?
Online therapy can be very effective but realistically it isn’t for everyone. So what do you need to be aware of to make a decision?
Even with the best internet connection there are likely to be moments when the screen freezes for a few moments. We will discuss this in the first session and how we can work around this.
However, your safety is absolutely the priority in therapy. So if you are experiencing trauma symptoms or suicidal thoughts, I would advise that face to face therapy would be a safer more secure option for you. In person you can work through overwhelming feelings knowing that someone you trust is present and able to help ground you.
What can I expect from my first online therapy session?
Your first virtual therapy session should be similar to a face-to-face session but in the comfort of your home.
We’ll go through how I work and what therapy involves to ensure we have a common understanding.
We’ll use the rest of our time together to talk through what’s on your mind and see how you feel about working with me.
You should leave the first session feeling like you’ve been heard, hopeful and relieved you now have some support.
If you feel like you want support now and you’d like to talk about about problems at home, relationships or how you’re feeling, contact me. Lets arrange a time to talk about how I can help. I’m here for you.
You can find some tips on making the most of your online Counselling or Telephone therapy on this Counselling Directory article.